Dubai Offshore Sailing Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dubai Offshore Sailing Club

Members & Crew Forum for the Premier Sailing Club in Dubai

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Experienced, if rusty, Brit looking for casual crewing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maustyn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-09-15

Experienced, if rusty, Brit looking for casual crewing Empty
PostSubject: Experienced, if rusty, Brit looking for casual crewing   Experienced, if rusty, Brit looking for casual crewing Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Is anyone looking for casual crew?

After seven years in Dubai, it's high time I took to the seas again.

I'm a competent sailor, with plenty of dinghy experience from school and university (I'm an RYA-qualified instructor) and a fair bit of cruising under my belt (mainly on the west coast of Scotland, although I've also sailed out of Ras Al Khaimah with DOSC member Barry Gray).

In terms of racing, I've raced Sigma 33s in Scotland, and sports boats for the Scottish team at the Interceltic Watersports Regatta in Scotland, France and Spain.

I know my way around a boat and at one point had my RYA Yachtmaster shore qualifications, although not the sea miles to take the practical exam. But I know what I'm doing, and can turn my hand to pretty much anything on board.

In Dubai I'm a journalist, working in Media City for MEED magazine. I'm in my 30s and I'm house trained (most of the time). I work a regular week, so I'm generally free Fridays and Saturdays, and some evenings.

So if you've got room for me on board give me a call. I'm Austyn and I'm on 050 3780 320 and austynallison at gmail.com.

I'll see you on board!
Back to top Go down

Experienced, if rusty, Brit looking for casual crewing
Page 1 of 1